AgendaMeeting Date: March 2, 2021 6:30 pm
IN CONFORMITY WITH THE GOVERNOR’S EXECUTIVE ORDER N-29-20 (MARCH 17, 2020) AND DUE TO CONCERNS OVER COVID-19, THE NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL WESTCHESTER / PLAYA MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY TELEPHONICALLY.
Zoom Meeting Online or By Telephone
To join the Meeting dial (669) 900-6833, or one of the following Toll Free Telephone Numbers provided by the City of Los Angeles, (833) 548 0282, (888) 475 4499, (877) 853 5257, (833) 548 0276. The toll free feature eliminates long-distance call charges for participants. However, other telephone charges may apply from a participant’s phone carrier.
Then enter this Meeting ID: 898 5552 2970 and Press #
Or you can join the meeting using the Zoom application or the Zoom web page, when asked you will need to enter the Meeting ID: 898 5552 2970 and click “Join a Meeting”.
Or, join the meeting online using this https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89855522970
Instructions on how to sign up for public comment will be given to listeners at the start of the meeting.
PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS – The public is requested to dial *9, when prompted by the presiding officer, to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Board’s jurisdiction will be heard during the General Public Comment period. Please note that under the Brown Act, the Board is prevented from acting on a matter that you bring to its attention during the General Public Comment period; however, the issue raised by a member of the public may become the subject of a future Board meeting. Public comment is limited to 1 minute per speaker, unless adjusted by the presiding officer of the Board.
Meeting Place Online
- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file the Treasurer’s Report and January 2021 MER
- Motion to approve budget reallocation of $1,500 from Outreach to Elections for NCWP’s 2020-2021.
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $3,850 for NCWP election promotional materials such yard signs, banners, flyers, and bus benches.
- Motion to formally oppose the Airfield and Terminal Modernization Project as proposed by LAWA in the Draft Environmental Report(DEIR) released on October 29, 2020. If through the course of the EIR approval process, additional mitigation/community benefits become part of a binding agreement to the EIR via a non-CEQA LADOT analysis or other governmental initiatives, the Airport Relations Committee and NCWP board may reconsider this project.
- Motion to approve grant request of $1,500 from LAX Coastal Education Foundation for Student Art Show “Reflections of Covid”.
- Motion to approve the letter to Councilmember Mike Bonin requesting support in allocating more park space in the Westchester-Playa community.
- Motion to support The Westside Regional Alliance of Councils (WRAC) motion in support of Senate Bill 15 (Portantino) and Senate Constitutional Amendment 2 (Allen and Wiener) as examples of positive legislation that forward the goal of achieving more affordable housing consistent with these principles. The Westside Regional Alliance of Councils (WRAC) recognizes the need for positive solutions to the state’s affordable housing crisis, specifically as it relates to workforce and low-to-moderate income housing. Solutions should involve legislation that 1) focuses on increasing the production and supply of truly affordable housing; 2) does not compromise public safety or the environment; and 3) respects principles of democracy, local land use control and self-determination of local governments to expand housing opportunities unique to their jurisdictions.
- Airport Police Facility Mural presentation by Rebecca Horta, Arts Manager, City of Los Angeles, Department of Cultural Affairs and Francisco Letelier, Artist. Find Airport Police Facility Modernization details here
- City of Los Angeles challenges, laws and regulations surrounding the unsheltered presentation by Claudia Martin, Neighborhood Prosecutor for the Pacific Division (310) 202-3824 or Claudia.Martin@lacity.org
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Discussion and possible motion that the Neighborhood Council of Westchester / Playa approve letter to Councilman Mike Bonin requesting the City, County, and Dept. of Rec and Parks investigate the feasibility of creating a specific and defined area (Safe Camping Zone) within Westchester Park for our unsheltered neighbors and vehicular dwellers to reside with centralized services to include suspending enforcement of LAMC 63.44 in the designated area and to include enforcement of LAMC 63.44 in the park outside the designated areas.
- Announcements from Board Members and Committee Reports
- Announcements from Government Representatives (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Public Comment – non-agenda items (limited to 1 minute per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
Next Meeting: 04/06/2021 6:30 pm
Next Meeting Highlights:
Hon. Mike Bonin, Councilmember, 11th District will be joining our April 6th Board Meeting
This agenda has the following attachments: