AgendaMeeting Date: February 2, 2021 6:30 pm
IN CONFORMITY WITH THE GOVERNOR’S EXECUTIVE ORDER N-29-20 (MARCH 17, 2020) AND DUE TO CONCERNS OVER COVID-19, THE BOARD OF NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL WESTCHESTER / PLAYA MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY TELEPHONICALLY.
Zoom Meeting Online or By Telephone
Dial (669) 900-6833 to Join the Meeting
Then Enter This Webinar ID: 9407 0423 814 and Press #
Every person wishing to address the Neighborhood Council must dial (669) 900-6833, and enter 9407 0423 814 and then press # to join the webinar. Instructions on how to sign up for public comment will be given to listeners at the start of the meeting.
PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS – The public is requested to dial *9, when prompted by the presiding officer, to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Board?s jurisdiction will be heard during the General Public Comment period. Please note that under the Brown Act, the Board is prevented from acting on a matter that you bring to its attention during the General Public Comment period; however, the issue raised by a member of the public may become the subject of a future Board meeting. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless adjusted by the presiding officer of the Board.
Meeting Place Online
- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file the Treasurer’s Report and December 2020 MER
- Motion to support the Community Pantry to be located at the Westchester Family YMCA by featuring an article on our website, FB page, and in our HomeTown News newsletter pending review and approval by the City AttorneLMU motion to support
- Motion to support the application, retaining the right to Administrative review, with conditions, to amend LMU’s Master Plan that would allow for the relocation of their already approved square footage among three use categories on campus: Academic/Administrative, Residential and Athletic indoors. This would allow LMU to keep Gersten Pavilion in use for training practices, recovery stations, coaches offices and other ancillary athletic uses after construction of the new Arena. The revised amendment reduces the amount of approved square footage LMU could transfer from one category to another.
- Motion to submit CIS in support for the application by Loyola Marymount University (LMU) to amend their Master Plan, retaining the right to Administrative review, City Ordinance 181605, with conditions.
- Motion to support utilizing LAUSD Schools as vaccination sites in an effort to efficiently disseminate vaccines to local community members, school faculty, staff, and students.
- Motion to oppose Senate Bill 9 (Atkins) and support the resolution in CF 21-0002-S18 (Koretz), calling for the City of Los Angeles to oppose Senate Bill 9. Refers to City Council file 21-0002-S18
- Motion to oppose Senate Bill 10 (Wiener) and support the resolution in CF 21-0002-S21 (Koretz), calling for the City of Los Angeles to oppose Senate Bill 10. Refers to City Council file 21-0002-S21
- LAPD Updates from Senior Lead Officers with Board Q & A as needed
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Photos and Introductions for our new website
- Meetings, Deadlines, Motions, Agendas, Zoom
- Announcements from Board Members and Committee Reports
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Update
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Local Business Representative (limit to 2 minutes please)
- HHLA Property Manager: Marla Eisenberg email@example.com
- Public Comment – non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
Next Meeting: 03/02/2021 6:30 pm
Next Meeting Highlights:
This agenda has the following attachments: