The Neighborhood Council of Westchester / Playa invites you to submit images that you feel represent the neighborhoods of Ladera, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista and Westchester that will contribute to the neighborhood council’s website and be used in some of our promotional materials such as social media, Hometown News and elsewhere.
The primary goal of the neighborhood council is to be able to further promote the diversity and values of our community through a new website. The neighborhood council will select from the submitted images to create a balanced mix of features and areas of our neighborhoods given the criteria listed below. The contributors will get credit for the images they submit.
“What does your neighborhood mean to you” could include events such as parades, youth soccer games, holiday celebrations, community cleanups; locations such as our beaches, river, LAX, community parks and schools or unique features such as works of art, beautiful trees or novel landscaping.
- You have taken the photograph yourself
- You took the photograph within the last year
- You are a stakeholder within the neighborhood council boundary; stakeholders include people that own property, work, workship and study within Ladera, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista and Westchester
- The photograph is high resolution, namely greater than 1,800 x 1,000
- The contents of the photograph do not contain any unacceptable imagery, political positions or uncivil messages
- The photograph is not promoting an individual business
To submit your photograph, post it to Instagram with a hashtag of #WestchesterPlayaToMe