IN CONFORMITY WITH THE GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDER N-29-20 (MARCH 17, 2020) AND DUE TO CONCERNS OVER COVID-19, THE BOARD OF NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL WESTCHESTER / PLAYA MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY TELEPHONICALLY.
Zoom Meeting Online or By Telephone
Dial (669) 900-6833 to Join the Meeting
Then Enter This Meeting ID: 999 9329 7439 and Press #
Every person wishing to address the Neighborhood Council must dial (669) 900-6833, and enter 999 9329 7439 and then press # to join the webinar. Instructions on how to sign up for public comment will be given to listeners at the start of the meeting.
PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS - The public is requested to dial *9, when prompted by the presiding officer, to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Board?s jurisdiction will be heard during the General Public Comment period. Please note that under the Brown Act, the Board is prevented from acting on a matter that you bring to its attention during the General Public Comment period; however, the issue raised by a member of the public may become the subject of a future Board meeting. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless adjusted by the presiding officer of the Board.
- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file Treasurer's Report and MER for July 2020.
- Motion to re-approve recurring expenditure of up to $600 per month for Moore Business Results for website and social media management for NCWP for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
- Motion to re-approve recurring expenditure of up to $35 per month for Mailchimp for NCWP website email service for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
- Motion to re-approve recurring expenditure of up to $875 per month for Hometown News for NCWP monthly newsletter for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
- Motion to re-approve expenditure of up to $1,080 for monthly pressure washing of the sidewalk in and around the Westchester Municipal Building for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
- Motion to approve revised FY 2020-21 budget with rollover funds of $7350.43.
- Motion to approve WPV Cares grant request of $1,880.
- Motion to approve NCWP promotion and hosting of a virtual concert performed by Front Porch Quartet to be streamed via FB Live September 6, 2020 and saved to NCWP website and FB page as a community resource for continued viewing.
Motion to support the applicants request for a Conditional Use Permit to allow the sale of a full line-line of alcoholic beverages for off-site consumption in conjunction with a new 25,312 sq. ft. Target retail store, with hours of operation from 7am-11pm daily in a (Q)C2-2D zone.
Motion to appoint Sylvia Wilson to the Outreach Committee.
- Motion to accept the resignation of Sue Fisher from the Religious Seat effective September 2, 2020.
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
I would like to welcome Councilman Mike Bonnin to give us an update and take quesitons from the Board.
- Clean Water Program Outreach Team: Venice Dual Force Main Sewer Project, City of Los Angeles, LA Sanitation & Environment, NOTICE OF UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY VDFM-Shaft 1 (Pacific Ave at Vista del Mar) to Vista del Mar at Waterview St, Mobilization & Micro Tunneling 8.19.2020starting on Thursday, August 20, 2020 and continuing through February 2021. Hours of construction will be Monday – Friday 7 am -7 pm and Saturdays 8 am – 6 pm.
Kortley Norris, Senior Recreation Director II, Westchester Recreation Center announcing the Westchester Recreation Center - Alternative Learning Center & After School Program.
- Announcements from Board Members
- Allen Wang, PE, Bureau of Engineering, Clean Water Division, Department of Public Works will provide us with a construction update on the Argo Drain Project.
- Stacy Burmaster, Homelessness Coordinator at LAWA will provide us with an update on their Homelessness efforts.
- Kathryn Pantoja, Airport Environmental Manager at LAWA will provide us with an update on the new Noise Portal.
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Discussion and possible motion in support of WAM outreach opportunity.
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
- Committee Reports