- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file the Treasurer's Report and MER
- Motion to approve letter to LAWA re NCWP comments pertaining to the Notice of Preparation for the proposed Airfield Terminal and Modernization project https://www.lawa.org/en/atmp/project-documents
- Motion to approve letter of support for the CUB (ZA-2018-4858-CUB-SPP) with conditions as requested for 12181 Bluff Creek Dr., Suite A, Playa Vista, 90094
- Motion to request update to the city’s Density Bonus project Certificate of Occupancy procedure, with the goal of guaranteeing developers are registering new affordable units with the Housing and Community Investment Department (HCID) and related Community Impact Statement. (Council File 14-0692-S2)
- Motion to support the 2019 January 15 motion from the Los Angeles City Council’s Committee on Rules, Elections and Intergovernmental Relations proposing to restrict developer campaign contributions, and support advancement of this motion to a full City Council vote as soon as possible and related Community Impact Statement. (Council File 19-0046)
- Motion to request the LA Department of Planning improve its stakeholder search functionality by adding the ability to search for cases by Council District number to the Planning Department Case Summary and Documents database. http://planning.lacity.org/pdiscaseinfo#
- Motion to approve grant request for $5000 from Westchester Streetscape Improvement Association for irrigation improvements.
- Motion to approve grant request for $5000 from Westchester Streetscape Improvement Association for development of mural in business district of Westchester.
- Motion to approve Moore Business Results as vendor to assist with website and social media management for NCWP with estimated cost is up to $400 per month, based on actual time, for an initial timeframe of six months.
- Motion to approve expenditure of up to $150 for new Mailchimp template for emailing service of agendas to subscribers.
- Motion to approve Grant request for $500 from Paseo del Rey Elementary School for projects include promoting inclusiveness
- Motion to approve Grant request for $500 from Wright Middle School for projects include promoting inclusiveness, environmental awareness and improvement, and college and career readiness and inspiration.
- Motion to approve Grant request for $500 from Playa Vista Elementary School for environmental awareness projects.
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Board Members
- Matt Tecle, CD 11 Field Deputy, to present NCWP honor 2019 WESM Academic Decathlon team who were state finalists
- Lisa Trifiletti, LAWA Consultant, presentation LAX Sustainability Plan update
- Ami Fields-Meyer, LA Mayor's Office, presentation re the City's efforts to address the issues of homelessness in Los Angeles
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
- Committee Reports
NCWP Board Meeting on May 7, 2019
Public Comment Request
THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT - As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment by email: NCSupport@lacity.org or phone: (213) 978-1551.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at our website: www.ncwpdr.org or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact the committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or email through website at www.ncwpdr.org
Notice to Paid Representatives - If you are compensated to monitor, attend, or speak at this meeting, City law may require you to register as a lobbyist and report your activity. See Los Angeles Municipal Code §§ 48.01 et seq. More information is available at ethics.lacity.org/lobbying. For assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at (213) 978-1960 or email@example.com
PUBLIC POSTING OF AGENDAS – Neighborhood Council agendas are posted for public review as follows: