- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Board Members
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward. Comments are limited to 2 minutes, unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director.)
- Motions/Actions Items and Related Public Comment
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meetings
- Motion to continue using Moore Business Results for webpage development, maintenance and support.
- Motion to approve revised budget for fiscal 2017-2018
- Motion to approve budget for fiscal 2018-2019, including recurring expenditures for $25 per month for Mailchimp and $875 for Hometown News
- Motion to approve expenditure of up to $30 to add SSL (security) certification to the NCWPDR.ORG website
- Motion to approve grant request of $1,500 from Wright Middle School STEAM Magnet for campus beautification
- Motion to approve grant request of $1,500 from Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets for restoration of historic airplane.
- Motion to approve grant request of $1,500 from Friends of the Open School for campus beuatification at The Open Charter School.
- Motion to approve grant request of $1,500 from New Pathways Middle School for Dreambox licenses for the 6 grade class.
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $1,500 for the Star of the Neighborhood entry in the LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce July 4th Parade.
- Motion to support the investigation of cost to 1) upgrade NCWPDR.ORG website and 2) enable live streaming of NCWP meetings.
- Motion to support zone variance to reduce required number of auto parking spaces from 22 to 20 (7360 La Tijera)
- Motion to approve Community Impact Statement to LACC Homeless and Povery Committee and LA City Council.
- Election of Officers - Motion to appoint Michele Cooley-Strickland to the position of Vice President and Paula Gerez to the position of Corresponding Secretary
- Committee Assignments - Motion to appoint Kimberly Fox (non Board member) to PLUC , Tillman Gruber (Board member) to ARC, Ryan Williams (non Board member) to ARC, Ted Grose (Board member) to chair Government Affairs
- New Board Member Appointments - Motion to appoint Julie Ross to open At Large 1 seat and Matt Rheault to Business Seat 90293
- Motion to approve revisions to the NCWP Bylaws as per supporting documentation.
- Discussion Calendar
- Committee Reports
NCWP Board Meeting on May 21, 2018
Public Comment Request
THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT - As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment by email: NCSupport@lacity.org or phone: (213) 978-1551.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at our website: www.ncwpdr.org or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact the committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or email through website at www.ncwpdr.org
Notice to Paid Representatives - If you are compensated to monitor, attend, or speak at this meeting, City law may require you to register as a lobbyist and report your activity. See Los Angeles Municipal Code §§ 48.01 et seq. More information is available at ethics.lacity.org/lobbying. For assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at (213) 978-1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLIC POSTING OF AGENDAS – Neighborhood Council agendas are posted for public review as follows: