- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting.
- Receive and file the Treasurer's Report and MER.
- Motion to approve Paula Gerez and Geoff Maleman as authorized to submit Community Impact Statements for providing input to City Committees, Commissions, Boards and City Council on topics of impact and interest to NCWP.
- Motion to approve NCWP participation in UnLitterLA event within the Westchester/Playa footprint.
- Motion to approve NCWP host a community meeting and expenditure of up to $500 for event items, such as promotional materials and bottled water with a panel discussion by decision / policy makers concerning our city and county homelessness issue.
- Motion to approve Neighborhood Purposes Grant request from UnLitterLA for $1,500.
- Motion to approve Neighborhood Purposes Grant request from Culver Palms Meals on Wheels for $4,500.
- Motion to approve budget for fiscal 2020-2021.
Motion to approve the expenditure not to exceed $200 to update the perpetual trophy for Star of the Neighborhood.
- Motion to approve the expenditure of $1,500 for Star of the Neighborhood entry at the Annual Fourth of July Parade in Westchester.
- Motion to approve the expenditure of $4,500 for NCWP branded promotional items, NCWP banners, and NCWP advertising materials.
- Motion to accept the resignation of Garrett Smith from the position of Outreach Chair, he will continue on as a committee member.
- Motion to appoint Cord Thomas as the Outreach Chair.
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Board Members
- Friends of the Jungle would like to "Adopt A Median", presented by Lucy Han
- Data projects being instituted by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment, presented by Gibson Nyambura, Neighborhood Empowerment Advocate
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
- Committee Reports
NCWP Board Meeting on Mar 3, 2020
Public Comment Request
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed on our website at www.ncwpdr.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or by email through our website at www.ncwpdr.org. The public is requested to fill out a SPEAKER CARD to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Boards subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting us at ADA@ncwpdr.org.