- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Board Members
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward. Comments are limited to 2 minutes, unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director.)
- Presentations -
- Update from the Gas Company (Mike Harriel, Public Affairs) re Community Open House that was planned for 2017.
- PROP O Argo Drain Basin Project at 9200 Falmouth in Playa del Rey. Allen Wang, Los Angeles Department of Public Works, will provide an update on this project that will treat stormwater runoff from a 2,400 acre drainage area, including areas of LAX, that discharges to Dockweiler Beach. http://www.lapropo.org/sitefiles/westchester/WestchesterPD-DRAFT080418.pdf
- Presentation by Laila Alequresh, CAO Executive Advisor, on report detailing recommendations to improve Los Angeles’ street-related infrastructure and programs. http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2017/17-1311_rpt_CAO_11-21-17.pdf
- Presentation by Cedars Sinai re plans for modernization and redevelopment of the Marina del Rey Hospital facility.
- Motions/Actions Items and Related Public Comment
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file the Treasurer's Report
- Motion to approve letter to Councilman Bonin requesting approval of selected mural designs for Utility Box Murals project.
- Motion to support CUP approval for the Cardiff Mason Development project at 7366 Osage Avenue for Storage of Household Goods use. (PLUC)
- Motion to oppose California State Bill SB827. (PLUC)
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $460 for a booth at and related supplies for the LAX Coastal Education Foundation’s Rock, Roll and Run 5K for Education expo held at LMU, for community outreach. (Ed)
- Motion to approve grant request for $2,000 from Airport Marina Counseling Services for At-Risk-Kids Program. (B&F)
- Motion to approve grant request for $1,500 from Marina del Rey Anglers for underprivileged youth fishing trip. (B&F)
- Motion to approve grant request for $1,500 from Westchester Townhouse for repairs to Townhouse. (B&F)
- Motion to approve grant request for $1,000 from LAPD Pacific Area Boosters towards building a shed to store the LAPD Santa Sleigh (B&F)
- Motion to approve expenditure of $50 for Moore Business Solutions for quarterly website security maintenance.
- Discussion Calendar
- Committee Reports
- Committee Assignments - Paula Gertz to PLUC
NCWP Board Meeting on Feb 6, 2018
Public Comment Request
THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT - As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment by email: NCSupport@lacity.org or phone: (213) 978-1551.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at our website: www.ncwpdr.org or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact the committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or email through website at www.ncwpdr.org
Notice to Paid Representatives - If you are compensated to monitor, attend, or speak at this meeting, City law may require you to register as a lobbyist and report your activity. See Los Angeles Municipal Code §§ 48.01 et seq. More information is available at ethics.lacity.org/lobbying. For assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at (213) 978-1960 or email@example.com
PUBLIC POSTING OF AGENDAS – Neighborhood Council agendas are posted for public review as follows: