Public Comment Request
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed on our website at www.ncwpdr.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or by email through our website at www.ncwpdr.org. The public is requested to fill out a SPEAKER CARD to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Boards subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator (213) 978-1551.
NCWP Board Meetings Agendas
- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file the Treasurer's Report
- Motion to approve grant request from Westchester Townhouse for $1500 for new external doors and emergency exit safety devices.
- Motion to approve grant request from Marina del Rey Anglers for $1500 for their Youth Fishing programs.
- Motion to approve grant request from Airport Marina Counseling Services (AMCS) for $1500 for At Risk Youth programs.
- Motion to approve payment of Moore Business Results invoices for website maintenance not to exceed $1100
- Motion to approve revision of monthly fee for website emailing tool (Mailchimp) from $25 to $30 per month due to increased number of subscribers.
- Motion to approve $1500 expenditure for Star of the Neighborhood Entry in the 2018 Westchester July 4 parade.
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $200 to update Star of the Neighborhood perpetual trophy.
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $500 for election related outreach events such as First Fridays, Farmers Markets, etc.
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $3000 for NCWP branded promotional items.
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $2400 for 2019 Health Fair (Seniors/Outreach)
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $500 for Rock, Roll and Run 1K/5K (Ed/Outreach)
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $1200 for banners and advertising materials related to NC election and general outreach (Outreach)
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $1500 for materials to fill CERT backpacks for outreach events (Public Safety/Outreach)
- Motion to approve expenditure not to exceed $2250 for the January Community Dinner for food, paper goods, entertainment, decorations, etc.
- Motion to approve creation of "People Project" by Homeless Committee.
- Motion to approve appointment of new board members Sue Fisher (Religious) and Naomi Waka (Senior Citizens)
- Motion to approve appointments of Sue Fischer and Naomi Waka to Homeless Committee
- Motion to create Live Broadcast ad hoc committee to identify options for live broadcast of NCWP meetings.
- Motion to approve request to Councilman Bonin to request CD 11 to provide staffing and support for the Westchester/Playa Community Plan Update
- Motion to set aside $1500 annually for the Education Committee to identify grant recipients among Westchester/Playa public schools.
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Board Members
- Study Update and Discussion/Possible Motion on CF17-1311, "State of Street Related Infrastructure Programs in Los Angeles." The report details recommendations to improve Los Angeles’ street-related infrastructure and associated programs. Link to full report: http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2017/17-1311_rpt_CAO_11-21-17.pdf
- Update on Venice Dual Force Main construction.
- Argo Drain Sub-Basin Facility Project Construction update, Chris Johnson, Division Engineer, LA Dept of Engineering (Stormwater Management Capture facility at west end of LAX Northside development)
- LADWP Scattergood-Airport Circuit Project presentation
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Discussion and possible motion to support the findings in the report on "State of Street Related Infrastructure Programs in Los Angeles".
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
- Committee Reports
- Assignments to Election and Live Broadcast Ad Hoc committees
Archive of NCWP Board Meetings
Meeting Date:Tuesday, October 2, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, July 3, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, June 5, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Monday, May 21, 2018 - 6:30pm
Meeting Date:Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, March 6, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, February 6, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, January 9, 2018 - 6:30pmMinutes:
Meeting Date:Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 6:30pmMinutes:
- 1 of 8
- next ›