a. LMU: Government and Community Relations
b. Otis College of Art and Design
- Otis College Extension offers FREE Courses to Full-time teachers. See www.Otis.edu/Extension or email IBush@otis.edu - Examples of upcoming courses include:
February 17, 2018 - Exploring the Tradition of Tempera Painting
April 14, 2018 - Teaching Art in a Busy Classroom
c. LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce – Education Committee
- LAX Coastal Education Foundation's Rock, Roll and Run 5K/1K for Education Race and Expo - March 10th at LMU; For information, registration, or sponsorship: www.LAXCoastalEdFoundation.com
- Teacher Eddy Awards - May 9th
d. Local Schools
- Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets (WESM) and local businesses
- WISH Middle School crossing safety
e. Local Groups
- Playa Venice Sunrise Rotary Club's "Luck o'the Irish Annual Bingofest" - March 17 @ Visitation School - For information: www.PlayaVenice.org
Next meeting – March 28, 2018 at 6:30pm in the Westchester Municipal Building Community Room.
Motion to Adjourn (Target: 8:00pm).
Education on Feb 21, 2018
Public Comment Request
THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT - As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment by email: NCSupport@lacity.org or phone: (213) 978-1551.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at our website: www.ncwpdr.org or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact the committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or email through website at www.ncwpdr.org
Notice to Paid Representatives - If you are compensated to monitor, attend, or speak at this meeting, City law may require you to register as a lobbyist and report your activity. See Los Angeles Municipal Code §§ 48.01 et seq. More information is available at ethics.lacity.org/lobbying. For assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at (213) 978-1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLIC POSTING OF AGENDAS – Neighborhood Council agendas are posted for public review as follows: