a. LMU: Government and Community Relations
b. Otis College of Art and Design
- Otis College Extension offers FREE Courses to Full-time teachers. See www.Otis.edu/Extension or email IBush@otis.edu - Examples of upcoming courses include:
February 17, 2018 - Exploring the Tradition of Tempera Painting
April 14, 2018 - Teaching Art in a Busy Classroom
c. LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce – Education Committee
- LAX Coastal Education Foundation's Rock, Roll and Run 5K/1K for Education Race and Expo - March 10th at LMU; For information, registration, or sponsorship: www.LAXCoastalEdFoundation.com
- Teacher Eddy Awards - May 9th
d. Local Schools
- Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets (WESM) and local businesses
- WISH Middle School crossing safety
e. Local Groups
- Playa Venice Sunrise Rotary Club's "Luck o'the Irish Annual Bingofest" - March 17 @ Visitation School - For information: www.PlayaVenice.org
Next meeting – March 28, 2018 at 6:30pm in the Westchester Municipal Building Community Room.
Motion to Adjourn (Target: 8:00pm).
Education on Feb 21, 2018
Public Comment Request
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed on our website at www.ncwpdr.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or by email through our website at www.ncwpdr.org. The public is requested to fill out a SPEAKER CARD to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Boards subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator (213) 978-1551.